Yes, you read it right! You don’t need to turn your oven on, you can make an apple cake with your electric fry pan. Read on to know the recipe of the dessert that you can make for your next family dinner.
For this recipe, you’ll need 2 sticks of butter, 3-4 apples, white sugar, 2/3 cup of cake flour, ½ teaspoon of baking powder, 1 cup of sugar, salt, cinnamon, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla.
Once you have all the ingredients together, gather your stick mixer and electric frypan. At the last part of this recipe, you’ll need to flip the cake in the pan.
- Put 1 ¾ sticks of butter in your pan. Use low heat and let the butter melt.
- Peel off the skins of two to three apples. Then, slice them into wedges.
- Once the butter has melted, pour ¾ cup of sugar into the pan. Stir the sugar around to distribute evenly in the pan.
- Lay the apple wedges in the pan with the flat side facing up. You don’t need to fill the pan with too many apple slices, but make sure that you don’t leave wide open areas in the pan.
- Leave the pan cooking on a medium to low heat. Your goal is to make the sugar golden but not burnt.
- Make a flour mixture by mixing flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon in a bowl. Stir them all together and set it aside.
- Pour the remaining sugar and butter into a suitable bowl. Beat them together until the mix is light and fluffy. Then, add vanilla to the mix. Next, crack the eggs and beat them together with the mix using your stick mixer. Then, pour the sour cream. After mixing the sour cream, add the flour mixture gradually. Get the remaining apple and chop it up. Throw the chopped apples into the batter, mix it and set it aside.
- Check the apples in the pan. If the apples are already fork tender, start placing the batter on top of the apple slices. Try using a spatula or a knife to spread the batter evenly.
- Cover the pan, and let it cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Then, lower the heat and continue cooking for an additional 30-35 minutes. The cake is done if you insert a toothpick in it and it comes out clean.
- Get a cake pedestal or a chopping board. Place it face down over the electric frypan. Then, hold firm against the pan tightly as you flip the pan over. You’ll now have a caramelized cake in front of you. Cut a slice of cake and serve it with one scoop of vanilla ice cream and a generous serve of cream.
Next time you go grocery shopping, grab some apples and a few ingredients. Then go back home and make a classic apple cake with just the help of your electric fry pan and mixer. Be sure to check out the latest range of innovative small kitchen appliances and best non-stick fry pan and other quality cookware available from Westinghouse Small Appliances.
UPSIDE DOWN APPLE CAKE. www.tastemade.com
Upside-Down Caramelized Apple Cake. www.myrecipes.com
Upside Down Apple Skillet Cake. www.tasteofsouthern.com